sean may have skipped watching funny face with me (he's not into song and dance movies), but he more than made up for it with taking me out to roman holiday tonight. all dressed up, i might add. while me, on the other hand, came straight from the office - work clothes and all.
i love this movie. i have this movie. but i wanted to watch it on a 3 story cineplex screen. i laughed. i cried. i was thoroughly charmed (still) by audrey hepburn and gregory peck. in the battle between audrey hepburn's co-stars cary grant and gregory peck, i would choose gregory peck everytime. hands down.
some fun facts about roman holiday:
* the role of princess ann was originally written for elizabeth taylor
* the role of joe bradley was originally written for cary grant
* roman holiday was the first american film shot entirely in italy
* it was gregory peck's suggestion to give newcomer audrey hepburn equal billing
* audrey hepburn won a best actress oscar for her role
* audrey hepburn was genuinely surprised in the mouth of truth scene, not knowing that gregory peck would pull that gag on her
i'm so glad to have a partner who loves classic movies as much as i do. and one who will take me on a movie date to see one. it'll be my turn next time, as i'll be taking sean out for the next classic series movie - the great escape with steve mcqueen. a testosterone movie!